UK bookmakers are competing with each other to give the best services, features, bonuses and odds. By giving free bets, they attract the entry of new customers and encourage former bettors to again join the betting action. These free bets come in many forms: welcome bets, enhanced prizes, money back specials, cash back offers, deposit bonuses and others. To further excite bettors, they always quote on their websites the maximum available free bets. These betting promos are worth claiming as they allow bettors to bet without risking their own money as well as giving them a chance of winning. Most of these free bet offers are conditional, though.
To claim winnings, the conditions vary from bookmaker to bookmaker. Here are some common terms and conditions bettors should be aware of to get free bets and withdraw their winnings:
- Free bets apply to new customer only. This is a come-on to attract new bettors.
- Some bookmakers require a minimum deposit or bet a lesser amount. Bettors must know the minimum bet requirement to avail of the free bets promo.
- Qualifying bets and free bets has a minimum odds requirement. Bets that do not meet the minimum odd requirement may not get a free bet after all.
- Some bookmakers require betting the free bet and deposit a number of times before giving the winnings. Certainly, it is harder to win a series of bets than a one-time bet.
- Some bet types are excluded as either qualifying bets or free bets. For example, multiple bets and in-play bets are excluded.
- Some free bets do not include the return of the stake. Winning bets are paid minus the stake.
Generally, the best way to use free bets is to research and find odds with good betting value. At least with a free bet, it increases the odds of winning.